3-D Pumpkin Thanksgiving Day of Gratitude

I cased this 3D pumpkin right out of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog. There is a great video  tutorial by Tracey Caudle.  I cut out 12 one inch by six inch strips of cardstock in various shades of orange like pumpkin pie, tangerine tango and peach parfait.  I added a couple of strips of more mustard for contrast. If I didn't have the color I wanted on one of the patterned pieces, I brayered over it in the ink shade I desired. I stacked the 12 pieces together and used the cropadile to punch a 1/8" size hole
I cut out the tag and used Stampin' Write markers to color and stamp the sentiment from the Day of Gratitude set in Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. I used the cropadile to set an eyelet and tied a piece of hemp twine through the tag. The leaves are made from the Leaves #2 Bigz Die in Old Olive and Pear Pizzaz. I just added the leaves and tag with glue dots. The tag isn't actually tied to anything.

It's hard to see in the pic, but I made a stem by cutting out a 1" by 4 1/2" piece of Old Olive cardstock and cutting little slits across the bottom. This gives it a base to adhere to the pumpkin.


Fold the edge where you cut the slits in, then curve into a stem shape and adhere with a glue dot. I didn't want the middle to show so I placed 1 3/8" circle in the bottom of the stem and glued it in around the edges.

Sorry about the blurry picture! This is the bottom of the stem. I put glue dots on this part and stuck it to the pumpkin.
We are going to make several of these for place settings at Thanksgiving. What are you grateful for? :-)

Comments

Popular Posts