Patriotic Retired Set Sunday

 
Happy Father's Day! Welcome back to Retired Set Sunday - where I combine something retired with something current from Stampin' Up! Remember rocket pops from the Ice Cream Man! This icy cool technique is super easy. I colored directly onto the Popsicle stamp with Stampin' Write markers in Real Red at the top and Pacific Point at the bottom. Then I spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. I cut out the Popsicle with the coordinating Frozen Treats framelit die, then colored the Popsicle stick in Crumb Cake. 

The card base was created by sponging onto Watercolor Paper; a line of Real Red; Whisper White Craft Ink; Pacific Point; Whisper White then Real Red again. I taped this piece, using painter's tape to a clip board and spritzed with water. Once dry, I used my retired star mask/stencil (from the Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks). Stampin' Up! calls these masks instead of stencils. If you haven't used masks or stencils you are in for treat. It's a must have if you love any kind of mixed media crafting. And, believe me these masks are quality! Place the mask flat on top of your card base. Using a palette knife, spread Embossing Paste through the mask. Remove the mask to reveal the pattern. Once dry, I colored the stars with Clear Wink of Stella. 

Purchase the NEW Pattern Party Decorative Masks by shopping at www.stampinup.com and choose me as your demonstrator. These four masks are only $6. 

Pattern Party Decorative Masks
Pattern Party Decorative Masks 144103
Supply List:
  • Stamp Set: Cool Treats
  • Colors & Ink: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White
  • Embellishments: Watercolor Paper, Embossing Paste, Palette Knife, Wink of Stella, 
  • Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks (retired)
  • Tools: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Heat Tool
  • Big Shot:  Frozen Treats Framelits Die, Layering Circles Framelits

Comments

Popular Posts