We Create Blog Hop - December Step it Up (Oh, What Fun!)



Hello December! Welcome to our Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators who create a simple project and then a “stepped up” version on the first of every month. I'm featuring the Detailed Santa Thinlits Die and the Oh, What Fun stamp set. 
The simple card is created by cutting out the Santa onto a base of Whisper White cardstock measuring 4" x 5-1/4" and adhering it to a same size piece from the Be Merry Designer Series Paper pack using a Fine Tip Glue Pen. Cut a strip of the same DSP measuring 3-5/8". Attach it underneath the Santa. Stamp your sentiment in Cherry Cobbler onto a piece of Whisper White measuring 3-6/8" and attach it. I used the Oh, What Fun stamp set from the main catalog. Attach this completed piece to a Whisper White 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card base.  This card is fast and easy once you have the Santa cut out.
I stepped it up using the Eclipse Technique and added some more Designer Series paper to the mix. To make your Santa image pop, cut him out the same dimensions as above. Then, cut out 3 more in Basic Black. Just stack and glue all of these pieces together. This time, I adhered it to the sheet music paper from the Merry Music Specialty DSP. I added a black and white plaid piece from the Merry Little Christmas DSP. This paper will only be available until January 2nd, so if you think you want some for next year you can order from www.stampinup.com and choose me as your demonstrator if you like. 

For the sentiment, I wrapped a piece of Jute Twine around the base twice and tied a bow with Linen Thread. I cut the Cherry Cobbler piece about 1" x 3-1/2" and the Whisper White piece 3/4" x 3". I slid the ends of these into the bottom of the Everyday Label Punch to get this look. The sentiment is stamped with Memento. The pine sprigs were cut out of Always Artichoke cardstock using the Christmas Staircase Thinlits die. I attached this completed piece to my card base using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoyed my creations. Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you so much for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers' stepped up cards look like, hop on over to my creative friend Julie Davidse's blog, Stampin Jul by clicking the Next Blog button below:
http://stampinjul.blogspot.com/2017/12/WCBH12-1.html
  •  Stamp Set: Oh What Fun
  • Colors & Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Black Memento
  • Embellishments: Jute Twine, Linen Thread
  • Designer Series Paper:  Be Merry DSP, Merry Music Specialty DSP,  Merry Little Christmas DSP
  • Tools: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Punches: Everyday Label Punch
  • Big Shot: Detailed Santa Thinlits Die, Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies

Comments

  1. I like the Santa on the red but I LOVE the stacked look and all the little touches you did to step it up! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great cards, but holy cow the look is amazing on that stacked die cut! Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Kris- these are both BEAUTIFUL! I love all your projects- so detailed! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize they had called that technique "eclipse" It really does pop that santa. great job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts